Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello, I have a Frigidaire Model ATF6700FE2 front loading

I have a Frigidaire Model ATF6700FE2 front loading washer. The unit stopped all spin cycles. The agitator still worked. I purchased a new motor control thinking this might be the cause. I installed the control and tried the washer. It worked fine for that load but it didn't work for the next 2 loads. Any ideas?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, can you tell me if the door is locking and the lock light staying on ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I just completed another successful load. It did spin ok. I am currently doing another load. I will see how this one goes. I sat and washed the unsuccessful load and never thought to watch for the lock light. I am thinking that the unit will buzz if the door isn't latched securely but I don't know that for sure. Another thing, I tried to use the spin only cycle before when the load was still in the washer and wet. This didn't work either but again I didn't notice the lock light. I will get back to you after this load in finished.

Garnet

okay, its very likely on this machine the door lock is bad. Sometime it will lock and the light stay on but the door lock doesn't send the signal to the control board. we replace a lot of these. Door or Lid Latch AssemblyNNN-NN-NNNNMain Product View
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I just completed another successful load. For the two successful loads I didn't change the settings. For the load I just put in I changed the settings from a quick load to a normal load. Let's see how this goes. If you think the door switch is the issue, I will order one today. My question is how do I get into that area? Does the top slide backwards or does the front come off some how or both?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It still seems to be working fine. Please get back to me to tell me how to install a new door switch. I would like to know before I order one.

thanks,

Garnet

Sorry I had to go out suddenly, Heres a link to the switch and a video that shows you how to install it,I wouldn't order it unless this starts to have problems again though. it Could have been a glitch in the computer program of the mother board. Switch & Video thanks and have a great day. Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan,

No problem. Thanks for getting back to me. I did a couple more loads without any problems. I think I will wait to see if the problem happens again. It will probably be towards the end of next week before I wash again. Will it be ok to wait until then to close out this call?

Garnet

sure this will stay open as long as you need me, just come back and reply, have a great day, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan,

The unit started the S.O.S. again this past Saturday. So, Sunday I ordered the new door switch. It is supposed to be here tomorrow. I will install it and see what happens. I will get back to you after that.

Thanks,

Garnet

okay good luck, Let me know, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan,

I installed the new door switch and tried the washer. It worked fine for three loads. I will try it again and get back to you.

Thanks,

Garnet
your welcome , I'll keep my fingers crossed, thanks and have a great day . Bryan