Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Range Model FE806W-1 Serial NF40102377 The manual says the

Range Model FE806W-1 Serial NF40102377
The manual says the error message means either the temperature probe or the electronic control is defective.
Is it worth getting fixed or should we just go get a new range?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

In 90 % of the cases for F3 its the probe. But since you hear a chronic buzzing comming from the control and the buttons don't work in your case it sounds like the control. One problem you have is I cant bring up the control , this is almost 20 years old and they have taken the parts out of the databases. at this point you are better served replacing the range. I think its time to retire this one. thats up to you. If you have a part number for the control I will see if I can find it if you wish. thanks , Bryan