Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi! As I was leaning over my Whirlpool Cabrio washer WTW6200VW0,

Hi! As I was leaning over my Whirlpool Cabrio washer WTW6200VW0, my necklace caught in the detergent dispenser. I raised up and the chain broke and fell down the dispenser hole. I got the pendant out but not the chain. Can you advise me how to find it please? Thanks!

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today,

good afternoon , what part of the dispenser did this get caught in ? can you tell me from this diagram ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It fell down the front left corner dispenser that's labeled "Detergent."

okay here ? graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay this goes directly down into the outer tub unfortunately. what you would need to do is open the top of the machine in order to get to the ring that snaps onto the tub. to do this you need a putty knife to push the clips in and lift the top, it hinges back.the clips are number 16 on this diagram red arrow pointing to the one on the right side and there are two one ion the left too. graphiconce you push them in lift the top and let it lean back against the wall. now you can get to the ring that the dispenser is part of it snaps onto the tub. hopefully your chain is stuck in the ring and didn't fall all the way into the drum. see if you can get that apart and let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. Are the clips under the control panel? As I'm facing the washer, do I open the washer door and slide the putty knife through or do it with the door closed. It seems pretty tight either way.

they are in the front between the front panel if you watch this video it shows you how to lift it, you don't need to take the screws out in the back of the control panel though just watch the video until you see how the top opens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok. I got the lid raised and removed the plastic dispenser form. I could see the chain at the bottom between the inner and outer basket. I tried to catch it with a long claw-thing but couldn't grab it. Any suggestions?

its at the bottom of the outer tub ? so it did fall all the way down ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

oh man . thats though because if you cant get something down the side the only way to get to it is remove the inner tub.

this is a huge job, theres no video for that unfortunately. you would need to take the cap off in the middle and then the bolts under that to get the agitator and wash plate out. then the hub. until the inner drum is loose then lift it out. this is a big job but with the diagram I sent you , you should be able to do it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I GOT THE CHAIN!!! I moved the drum around until I could see the chain clearly and tried again with my claw extension thingy and it grabbed it! Thank you so much for your help. I never would have figured out how to open that washer. My husband will be so proud of me!!

Have a great weekend. You've made mine so much better! God bless you!

Thats Great ! good job ! Please don't forget to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you. thanks and best wishes, Bryan