Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an 11 year old whirlpool gas dryer that is dead. No

I have an 11 year old whirlpool gas dryer that is dead. No lights at all. Checked circuit breaker,Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you and see what might cause the dryer to act completely dead? It should be located on a sticker just inside the door way and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model number cgw9868kq0 Ser no ml4608676

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so if the unit won't even light up, there are 3 things that can cause this issue.

1. You're dryer is just not getting power from your house. Run an extension cord to an outlet you know is working and if nothing still lights up, then th power getting to the dryer is not the problem.

2. There is a transformer inside the control panel which the power cord plugs into (the power cord that plugs into the house outlet). Make sure that youhave 22.5 volts AC coming out of the transformer on the black wire (not the 2 black wires which are part of the power cord). If you don't have 22.5 volts, then you need to replace the transformer. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for transformer.

3. Your user interface display board is shorted. Now this is a big problem because the part is no longer made. It's part number w10137417 and you could see if a place like Appliancetimers.com will refurbish your old part, but other than that if you can't find someone to refurbish your board and you need a new interface display board, you'd need to replace the dryer because you can't obtain a new part anymore.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.