Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an upside down F E code on my Kenmore front load washer

I have an upside down F E code on my Kenmore front load washer and i wanted to know if anyone knows what it mean.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today,do you have the model number ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model# XXXXX 40272900

okay give me a few minutes to look this up. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok

from what I'm seeing it a thermistor error. (temp sensor) it on the heater assembly. graphic there are two screws holding this in. I cant get the diagrams however sorry. the heater is in the front usually going into the tub. this is the thermistor. Thermistor 6322FR2046C Main Product View its around $6.00 heres a link to the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermistor/6322FR2046C/1268202
After looking further into this I found the tech sheets and I'm sorry it says in the tech sheets to unplug for 60 seconds and then plug it back in and see if the error comes back. if so it says its a control error but that could still be with the thermistor. it says call for service if error reapears. thats strange one tech sheet says thermistor issue and the other control issue. since you tried to unplug it and that didnt work I would try the thermistor.