Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Maytag Electric dryer seems to work well in Auto cycles,

My Maytag Electric dryer seems to work well in Auto cycles, but when set to "Timed Dry" the + and - buttons do not advance the time, which is stuck at 20 minutes. The buttons produce a sound when pressed but do not function, yet they work fine in "Rapid Dry" timed mode, but not in regular timed dry.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can see what might cause this issue?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK so you're definitely using the controls correctly which unfortunately means that you have a bad interface control board that is confused. Try to unplug the dryer for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset and start working properly again. If you still can't adjust the timer, then you have a bad control board that would need to be replaced. Now I see this is a fairly new model dryer so if it's less than a year old, please call warranty and they will replace the part at no charge. Otherwise, below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace to fix the issue.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. The dryer is a couple of years old and not under a service contract, so I would be out for the part and the labor.

Since the dryer works fine in every other mode, I think I will live with it.

I will pay for your advice, since even bad news is helpful.

Alright, well I'm very sorry about the bad news but I do wish you only the best.