Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a dd603ss dishdrawer and am wondering how to replace

I have a dd603ss dishdrawer and am wondering how to replace a complete pump motor assembly. do you access from tub or underneath to replace. I may just need the rotar assemby but want to know if in fact I need to replace the complete assemby. Found part for $149.00 online
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So to replace the rotor, you just need to access through the top. To replace the entire stator pump motor assembly, that would require you to uninstall the drawer, unplug the dishwasher, and flip the dishwasher upside down. But before you do that, be sure that you have removed the rotor first because that's the only thing holding in the stator assembly from inside the drawer. Once the rotor is removed, the front panel will need to be removed. There are 2 round plastic pins in the lower right and left corners coming in from the sides of the drawer just behind the front panel. Use needle nose pliers and pull these pins straight out. The front panel will then pull forward and straight down to remove it. Now you can pull the drawer out and flip it upside down. Unclip the bottom clear plastic cover and you have access to the stator motor. You need nothing more than a flat head screwdriver to remove it. There are just plastic clips that you depress or pry on to release the heater plate around the stator motor and then it will twist out (much like the rotor twists out). Then the stator motor is separated from the heater plate in the same fashion.

Re-installing everything is very difficult since it all clips in together and there are o-ring gasket that you must align properly to avoid leaks.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

why do you have to take off the front panel?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
To unclip the bottom cover panel. There are plastic clips that you need to access through the front so that you can remove the bottom panel without breaking it.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.