Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a g.e. profile range.the oven no longer works,the display

Customer Question

I have a g.e. profile range.the oven no longer works,the display only has a reversed c or half an o showing.the stove top still functions any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model p cb920sr1ss

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Perfect, thank you. So the backwards "c" is just a shorted display board for this model, it's not an error code. You've already tried to turn the breaker off for 60 seconds and that didn't reset the electronics so you'd need to order and replace the display control board if you wanted to fix this issue. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model to fix this issue. It's part number WB27T11327.

CLICK HERE

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?