Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Type your question here.Kenmore model no. 110.62972101. dryer

Customer Question

Type your question here.
Kenmore model no. 110.62972101. dryer runs if push and hold start button. changes start button, timer and motor, door switch, took out and checked thermostat and thermal cut off. best I can figure maybe microcomputer. suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

bryanpaul52 :

Good morning, most likley its not the control board but the relay,

Relay(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View
Full Size Image
you can order this at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Relay/3405281/528722?modelNumber=110.62972101?RCAID=1000065 theres a video to show you how to replace it also there.

Customer:

where is it? It sounds like a relay deep by the motor but I cant see it?

bryanpaul52 :

its up in the control panel where the start button is. nuber 36 on this diagram.

Full Size Image

Customer:

see it. thanks.

bryanpaul52 :

okay ,thanks and have a great day !

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I saw that you accepted my answer but its not showing up on my end, could you please let me know if you rated me excellent service because its not showing up.thanks and very best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are you still on line?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
don't know if anyone out there. pressed for time. please let me know if your there. don't know how to log off and back on to get back to you. please call me 501 269-1225
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Bryan is away for a little while, maybe I can help you... What is the problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kenmore dryer. push on/off switch dryer will run if switch held down but stops when released. changed switch, same problem. checked thermostat and temperature regulator, same problem. changed door switch even though dryer ran if on switch held down. changed timer moter and timer. same problem. contacted this website suggestion to change relay. thought there might be a relay by the motor couse I could hear a relay type click down there. was suggested that changing the relay in control panel might work. did it but no change. Suggestions? Don't know if when I push on switch it sends a voltage surge to turn machine on or maintains voltage across switch that IS tripped off at end of cycle. neither my old or my new switch clicks on and holds on, but I can hold it down and it works.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Did you install the new relay? There are 2 of them in there are there not, that look identical?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

only saw one.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Does your control panel have the words "EVEN HEAT " on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it does say even heat. and yes it does have two relays. took the one on the left and replaced it with a new one, nothing. took one on right and replaced it with the old one from the left, still nothing. cant believe both relays would be out.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Wanted to make sure that it was not the relay's you will need to replace the even heat board which can be purchased at the following link.

Click here

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

afraid of that. made since as there has to be some mechanism other than breaking the circuit at the end of the cycle. looked at board and without a schematic it would be useless to try to trace it out. to bad. an unnecessary complication to a simple process. If I wire power wires together I can run it manually and bypass the board but am afraid of it. any safe way to bypass the board safely?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
None that I know of... but before this happened, sometimes did it have a hard time starting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no. ran like a top. im assuming microcomputer board 3978950.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Part number is W10116564.