Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

how do i start a MAJICKCHIEF DISHWASHER DU18I4. THE RECEPTICLE

how do i start a MAJICKCHIEF DISHWASHER DU18I4. THE RECEPTICLE IT IS PLUGWED INTO WORKS. THE APLIANCE STARTED A YEARE AGO AND HAS SET SINCE. I TRIED CUTTING OFF THE POWER TO RESET IT, NO DICE. NO LIGHT COMES ON NO MOTOR NO NOTHING. ANY IDEAS????

Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

do you have a volt meter

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i dont see any advice what was your answer.

Do you have a voltage do you have a volt meter
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

Verify your voltage at the source where the wire nuts connect to the unit. If you are sure you have power there you need to check it at the door switches. Take apart the panel and see if you have power at the door switches. On some units there is a fusible link before goes to the control board for timer that would be right from the door switch over to the fuse and then to the board. if you follow the wire from the door switch it would go right to the fuse and then out to the board.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hey thanks ill try that in the morning. can i ask you a question then if i need to

yes you can ask me a question anytime all I ask is that you rate my assistance that does not close out the question