Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

is the cooling pump a warrenty part

is the cooling pump a warrenty part and if not is the quote of 590 bucks average cost to replace? also can I buy it for less cost that the dealer is charging something like 290 bucks for the part.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model for your appliance by chance? And what exactly are you calling the "cooling pump"? The compressor?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2008 mariner

Perform diagnosis codes P0A7C / P1A0F needs coolant pump.
Part 309.54 Labor 281.24 Total 590.78

So unfortunately there isnt a warranty on this part any longer at 5 years old, but that is a very fair estimate. The part is about $300 and the labor for rpelacing the coolant pump is usually between $250-300 so the total charge of $590 is right in line with what anyone fair would charge to replace this part. I'm really sorry to hear about the unit failing at only 5 years old. You are however, not being overcharged--it's just a very expensive repair I'm afraid to say.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.