Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my whirlpool frontloader 8.5kg. is throwing a F27 code. can

Customer Question

my whirlpool frontloader 8.5kg. is throwing a F27 code. can you help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Error F27 means that your washer thinks the tub is overfilled with water. If you look through the door, is there water in the tub? If so, how high is it? And can you open the door or is it locked shut right now?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

no water in tub. door will not open.

OK so the door won't open because it thinks there is too much water in the tub. You can remove the lower front panel to access the drain catch. There are either screws along the bottom that you can see if you tip the washer back, or you need a putty knife to stick into the seem above the lower front panel to pry down a few tabs and the lower front panel will unclip and pull off. Once you have the panel off you can unscrew the 3" plastic drain cap and be sure to have a few towels or a wet vac ready because all the water in the tub will come flowing out. Unplug the washer if you haven't already and give it 5 minutes once the water is drained out. Re-install the cap and plug the washer back in. Does the door unlock? Can you start a cycle? If so, try another cycle and if the issue come up again, you'll need to replace the drain pump because it's not draining enough water out.

If the door remains locked and you can not start a cycle, you'd need to replace the pressure switch because it thinks the water level is too high. To access the pressure switch, pull the washer forward and remove the 2 or 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. The pressure switch is mounted to the right side wall above the tub and is the only part with several wires going to it as well as a small rubber hose. Disconnect the rubber hose and blow through it to make sure it's clear. If you still have an issue, replace the pressure switch itself.

I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?