Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a speed queen washer machine the transmission locks

I have a speed queen washer machine the transmission locks in the wash cycle it only work in spin cycle
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately you have quite a major problem. If the pulley on the bottom of the transmission will turn one direction but not the other, that means that the transmission gears inside are jamming up or not aligning properly. Either way, the transmission itself would need to be replaced which usually isn't worth repairing, but that is completely up to you whether or not you want to replace it. The part is over $200 for the part alone, and it takes a good half a day to replace the part. The part number you need is 6-2097790. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for transmission

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when i loose the belt the transmission turns free

Whether that is the case or not, it wouldn't matter because the belt must be tensioned when running so if the belt is what is causing the transmission to pull out of gear or the transmission is doing it on it's own, the transmission shouldn't be affected by the tension of the belt and the transmission would still need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just let me pay for each question

I'm not sure what you mean?