Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

i have a duet washer model ghw9100lw2 that the timer light

i have a duet washer model ghw9100lw2 that the timer light is blinking and you cannot open the door. I have unplugged it and let it sit overnight and still nothing. How can i get the door open so I can fix the other problem with it
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If your door happens to be locked, unplug the washer first. Next, Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The panel will then pull straight down and off. Once you remove this panel you can reach up behind the upper front panel and pull down on the small plastic pull tab attached to the bottom of the door lock assembly. This will manually unlock the door so you can open the door.

Now if the issue happens again, then you may just need to replace the door latch assembly.

If you find water inside the tub when you get the door open, that will cause this problem as well. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.