Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

No power at dryer when attempting to start. Replaced timer

No power at dryer when attempting to start. Replaced timer and still same issue. No wiring diagram. Jumped door switch and same issue. Am I looking at thermostat at blower?

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Make sure you're getting power to the dryer first. If you're definitely getting 240 volts, then you have a bad thermal fuse. The thermal fuse is mounted on the right side of the heating canister and has two WHITE wires going to it. The heating canister is located under the top panel in the back left corner. To access, use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel. These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel. If both clips are pushed back, the top panel will unclip and hinge up and backwards so that you can access the heating assembly. Here is a link to the thermal fuse kit you will need to replace.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.