Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The water flow dispenser on the inside of the fridge is not

The water flow dispenser on the inside of the fridge is not dispensing water smoothly. It begins well for 3-4 seconds, and then "gluts" and stalls in dispensing.
Model # XXXXX
MFG No PARB8057C53
serial # XXXXX
I unplugged the fridge and let it rest for 1 hour. Also, vacuumed and cleaned all visible parts. The problem persists.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there are only a few things that would cause this issue, and nothing is frozen because if a water line was frozen no water at all would come through. That being said, you need to check the water pressure coming to the refrigerator itself. Pull the refrigerator out and turn the water off to the refrigerator at your house. Disconnect the water supply line on your house connected to the refrigerator. Stick the water line in a 5 gallon bucket or something like that and turn the water on. Watch it for 15 seconds or so. Do you have really good pressure for all 15 seconds? The pressure should be soo high that you wouldn't really think you can stop it by placing your thumb over the end of the water line. If you're not getting good pressure, then of course you either have a kinked water line somewhere or possibly a faulty valve on your house that supplies the refrigerator with water.

Now if you determine that water pressure to the refrigerator is great, then you're down to a faulty electronic water valve that is just getting weak and can't hold open long. Reconnect the water supply line from your house to your refrigerator and turn the water on. Unfortunately there are 2 valves on this refrigerator that you need narrow down which one has failed. Remove the lower back panel on the refrigerator to access the water valves. Look at the valve that your water supply line from your house connects to. Disconnect the plastic water line/lines on the bottom of the valve and put towel underneath the valve. Go to the front of the refrigerator and push the dispenser for 10 seconds or so. If it slows down, replace that valve that you removed the water lines from. If the water doesn't slow down, replace the other valve.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.