Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

As an appliance tech, which refrigerator/freezer would you

As an appliance tech, which refrigerator/freezer would you recommend for a condo dweller with limited space. I currently have a built in Northland 24" refrigerator/freezer which is 20+ years old. I can either replace the Northland or look for a Liebher. I am happy with the Northland except for the noise. I also have difficulty finding a technician to service the Northland.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So finding someone to service either a Northland or Liebher is really going to be limited almost anywhere you live. That being said, ALL refrigerators are going to be much much quieter than your 20 year old units, so you really won't hear a built in refrigerator running all that much anymore. That being said, you really don't have an option other than to get another Northland or a Liebher since you're looking for a refrigerator/freezer combo that is only 24" wide (the width of your current model refrigerator). With all constraints considered, I'd honestly call the manufactures and see who is authorized in your area for either appliance and that will let you know if you have more than one servicer or not. I prefer Northland as I think they are very reliable, but Liebher hasn't been a bad unit either--they are just very new to the US to have any 20+ year knowledge on their reliability.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.