Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag Model W10280548C: Does not fill. Sensing light does

Maytag Model W10280548C: Does not fill. Sensing light does not go off. Checked and cleaned water filters. The owner's manual troubleshooting guide does not go beyond cleaning the filters.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you look for the model number again please? The number you have listed is actually a part number. The model should be located on a sticker below the lid down near the hinges (not on the lid itself). It will start with an "M" for Maytag.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not where the washer is at the moment. Can I get back to you later?

Yes of course. Just bookmark this page or save the link so that you can post back here when you get the model number.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK Thanks

no problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
MVWC200XW1
Perfect, thank you for getting back with me. So this sounds like you have a common issue where the actuator fails and the lid will lock and unlock but since the actuator won't go to the correct position it stops the washer from advancing so it will not start to fill with water and it keeps waiting and sensing. The actuator motor is located below the tub. To access this part, you need to unplug the washer, tip the washer backwards, and remove the 2 screws going into the plastic cover near the back left corner. That will allow you to access the motor and the actuator to the right of the motor. Remove the screws going into the actuator and replace the actuator. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace along with a video at the bottom of the link which shows you how to replace the part.

CLICK HERE

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will try this tomorrow and get back to you
ok good luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just ordered the part and it won't be here for a couple of days. I'll attempt installation as soon as it arrives - probably next Monday or Tuesday.

Alright, good luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Should I wait to see if the actuator motor actually fixes the problem?
That's completely up to you, but either way I'll bet here to answer any follow-up questions if you have any.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Your solution solved the problem. How do I rate you?
Awesome, I'm glad you're back up and running. Under this chat box should be an option to rate my service.