Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

General Electric GLD6760N Dishwasher The "finished" or "clean"

General Electric GLD6760N Dishwasher

The "finished" or "clean" beeper on this appliance is extremely LOUD and will wake you up if you turn it on at bedtime. Is there any decently simple way to disarm it?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately there are no adjustements to the sound on this dishwasher whatsoever. That being said, if you're handy at soldering, you can remove the speaker by de-soldering it from the board inside the door. Below is a picture of the board and I have drawn arrows to the speaker if you were capable and wanted to remove the speaker.

You may need a technician to perform this task if you don't solder often, but it should be a fairly easy job for a technician.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks very much. Sorry for the really cheap tip amount, but I've just lost my job and I'm hording funds as much as possible, hence my trying to repair my fridge myself (check out my refrigerator question if you like).

Do not worry about tipping. I do appreciate it, but it's definitely not necessary and I'm really sorry to hear about your job. I'll take a look at the refrigerator question and see if there is anything I can help you with on that unit.

so I apologize, but I just wanted to let you know that i read over the refrigerator question but I'm really not sure what could cause your symptoms you're having on the refrigerator since there is no frost build up behind the back panel inside the freezer. Hopefully someone will have an idea for you, but I think I'd need to see it in person to determine what is actually happening.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is very strange. I can open the flap at the upper back of the refrigerated upper part, and I can feel cold air blowing in as you would expect. The freezer seems to be working great, except that the slide to the milk chamber is icing up. Weird. I wonder if the control that opens the flap that lets cool air into the refrigerator could be bad. There is a thermistor in it (I think) as well as some kind of control module. Are there any tests I can do?

There is a thermistor up above the light cover assembly on this refrigerator, but I don't have the documents on how to test that thermistor, but I'm not sure if that would cause the problem since the mild is getting too cold.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just wanted to pass along on the dishwasher-though it might help you in the future helping other clients.

GE diswashers- press "Heated Dry" button 3 times in rapid succession=no more loud finish beeper. You will hear a triple beep when the board goes into "quiet" mode.

Interesting. That wasn't listed in the service manual, but I'm glad you have it all taken care of regardless.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Right. Oh and the fridge had a frozen damper. Again, I'd want someone to tell me if I were you so that I would know for future clients. Thanks for putting me on the right track.

Alright, well you have a great rest of the evening.