Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Frigidaire washing machine model FTFB4000FS1, serial XC63606208,

Frigidaire washing machine model FTFB4000FS1, serial XC63606208, will not drain and spin. Have cleaned out trap and hoses, nothing clogging. The door locks. On final drain and spin it tries to drain but hardly any water draining and won't spin. With do a couple slow tumbles before finish beeps comes on.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So on this model washer, it will not even attempt to spin if it can't drain the water. That means that your only problem at this point is that the washer won't drain. Most of the timer the big black rubber boot that goes between the outer tub and the drain pump is what clogs and needs to be cleaned out. Start a drain cycle and if the hose between the pump and the tub concaves, that means you have a clog in this hose or right where the hose connects to the tub. If it doesn't concave, you either have a bad drain pump or a clogged drain hose. Disconnect the drain hose from the drain pump and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear, then you'll need to replace the drain pump. Whether or not it's trying to drain doesn't mean that the drain pump is good. If it's not producing the pressure needed to drain properly, the drain pump would still be bad and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the drain pump you'll need to order for this model.

CLICK HERE for drain pump

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can't really rate the answer until I get the part and try it, which is out of stock!
At this point I'm not satisfied.

That's fine as long as you come back then there is no issue with waiting. But you can order the part in the link below which has the part in stock.

I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Installed a new drain pump yesterday. I washed one load just fine. Second load would not drain and spin again. I set it to drain spin cycle and will drain some water. I repeated several times on this cycle and each time would drain a little, but not enough to spin. What do suggest trying next?

Is the drain pump running the entire time it's supposed to be draining? If so, then you have a clog somewhere, whether it's the drain hose or the hose between the tub and pump.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I believe the drain pump is running the entire time. Will check the hoses again. Will a puncture in the black boot cause loss of pressure? Or lack of a complete seal where the hoses attach to the pump? And why would the washer run a cycle the way it should one time and not the next? Anymore suggestions?

You would see a leak if there was a punctured hole. There are no more suggestions--you have a clog and you just need to find it. It could be a floating restriction, or a flap like a detergent cap insert flapping inside the hose so it works sometimes and other times doesn't---either way there is a clog so if you can't find it you'll need to call a technician to come out and look at it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, thank you.

No problem and good luck.