Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Thermador gas range. The STAR burners are all about

Customer Question

I have a Thermador gas range. The STAR burners are all about 4 1/2" across. When I lite it the flame is too big for a small pan. Even when turned down. Does anyone make a smaller burner size?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There are pleanty of ranges that make a smaller burner, but you'd need to replace the entire range to get a smaller burner because Thermador does not make a smaller burner. What you can do is get a cast iron simmer plate from Thermador or a local cooking store where you can place the simmer plate below the pan and it will absorb the heat and transfer it more evenly into the smaller pan. That would really be your only option with this particular range.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?