Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have model DD602 - cycle starts and sveral minutes into it

I have model DD602 - cycle starts and sveral minutes into it the cycle washer starts peeping, indicator turns red & shows a signal U3
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So U03 means you have an issue with the dishwasher not reading the water pressure properly. To fix this issue, you'll need to change the setting from low pressure (LP) to high pressure (HP).

First, enter diagnostic mode. With power off, hold down lock, and while continuing to hold, also hold down start/pause. In a few seconds it will blip into diagnostic mode. Push power once, then start/pause to cycle through the modes. On most of the modes, pushing lock will start or stop some part of the system, like filling, draining, etc. Probably good to remove the spray arm and other accessible components before experimenting too much.

For the U3 error, there is also a High pressure/Low pressure (HP or LP) setting. To get to that, hold down both of the in-drawer buttons for 5 seconds or so. The display will show either HP or LP. Push start/pause to change it, and Power to lock it in. Set it to HP. These 602 models have a problem with the control board just randomly changing the setting to LP and then you get the U3 error.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when I cycle through the modes U3 doesn't appear

U3 isn't supposed to appear. That's an error code. It only appears when the dishwasher detects an error. You just need to follow my instructions I gave you to change the setting from LP to HP and that is how you fix this problem. If that doesn't work, you'll need a new control board.