Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

RA-hs

Customer Question

washer will spin but no water have replaced the water inlet valve, the load level seems to be alright. Any suggestions ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to helping you! Does it fill on wash at all, hot or cold? Any humming noise when it should be filling? Do you have a meter to test voltage with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no water at all hot or cold

could be described as a clicking noise

have a testing meter but am no expert !

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, and if you put it on spin, the tub will spin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have not tried it on spin and at the moment the washer is in parts.

have taken it apart to test the water level (load size) part

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, if you raise and lower the lid, do you hear the switch clicking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the lid is no longer attached, the washer is in parts or the cover has been pulled off, if you get what I men.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, well the lid switch needs to close for anything to work. Is the lid switch still connected on the case? If so, raise and lower the lid, does it click?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No the lid switch was disconnected when I took of the, I don't know what you call it,the covering of the washer. I did this in order to check the water level hose.

I assumed that was the problem, I guess not

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, can you test the lid switch for continuity, testing between the two gray wires with the lid in the closed position?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kelly, I have pushed the cover back and connected the lid switch wire, there is on clicking bearing in mind that I have the load size meter out

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, can you test the lid switch with the meter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know ! do I unplug it again and test the terminal ?

It is still connected to the power

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Unplug the lid switch connector and on the connector that is on the case, insert the two meter probes into the gray wires on the connectors. Turn the meter to the setting that says R x 1 and see if the needle moves or the display changes. Let me know what happens. The video below will help to test.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not very good with computers also.

I tested the plugs I get a reading with brown and gray

No reading on green and gray

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the lid switch tests okay. Can you reinstall the pressure switch and then see if the machine will spin, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That will take be a little time.

The machine does spin but there is no water hot or cold

I assume that to have it spin I will have to put it back to gether

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, what happens if you turn the washer on to a wash cycle. Does it start to agitate or just sit silent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

agitates but no water hot or cold

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, the pressure switch is bad. The correct one for your model is available below. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Pressure Switch <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge. I appreciate your positive feedback rating!