Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do I connect a periscope vent for my Maytag Dryer M31406735

How do I connect a periscope vent for my Maytag Dryer M31406735 Model Bravo MED500 X1
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you please explain what you mean by a Pariscope vent? Is this just a rectangular vent that you buy at a local hardware store like Home Depot or Lowes?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It appears to be rectangular from the instructions manual. Can this be acquired at Home Depot or must be ordered ? My exit vent is offset to the right as you face the dryer. can this pericope vent be used or only on vents offset to the right?

Yes, you can get these at a local hardware store. These vents ban be used on any any situation if the vent is offset from the dryer vent exit and you have a limited amount of space so you don't have enough room to push the dryer back all the way. You can use large dryer vent worm clamps which are sold at the hardware store as well to attach this vent to the exit of the dryer as well as the vent receptacle on the house, but it will be difficult to attach given the tight contraints on the space your working in, so most installers will just clamp the vent to the back of the dryer and then align the periscope vent with the house vent so that when you push the dryer back it pushed onto the receptacle.