Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a panosonic microwave oven and having problems with

Customer Question

I have a panosonic microwave oven and having problems with the door shutting properly. I have to close it real hard for the light to go out on it so it will start. The marking on the front is mn sn9605. i assume thats the serial number. can you help me out. thank you..bob harvey
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello Bob my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Be sure to unplug that microwave and do not touch anthing with wires other than the door switches. There is a large capacitor inside the microwave and it can hold quite an electrical charge for a while.

There are 2 things it could be, there is a latch assembly that may need lubricating or a door switch that is sticking and need lubricating. If its the latch assembly use some light grease to lubricate it with and spray the door switches with WD40. The door switches are right there with the door latching assembly just inside the frame of the microwave that the door latches hook into. That should be all it needs, it does not sound like you have a broken part. If you happen to find something broken it is going to be very difficult to get parts for it as I have looked and the parts vendors I know do not have diagrams nor parts lists for it. If it happens to be a door switch that is bad you should be able to get those at Radio Shack. All microwaves I have ever worked on use standard microswitches and that would be the place to get them.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your advise. i sprayed wd40 on it and it is working properly now, however, $30.00 seems like a high price to pay for such information as that. i use a lot of panosonic products and this diapoints me.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.

You are not at a Panasonic website. You are at a technical website designed to help people with area appliance problems. I do my best to give accurate answers in the hopes of saving the customers who come here the money of a service call, and accurate broken part diagnosis among other things. That's what I do. If you are unhappy with my service please contact customer service at the link below. Look to the top right. Thank you for the opportunity to help.