Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

was given fisher & paykel iw812 washer work ok first half dozen

was given fisher & paykel iw812 washer work ok first half dozen times now keeps coming up with "i need service fault code 37" can you help
Hello, and thank you for using My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you with your Fisher and Paykel washer today.

So to start, error 37 means that your washer isn't draining properly.   You will need to manually drain all the water in the tub then tip the machine backwards so you can access under the bottom and unplug the unit.  The drain pump is located in the front right corner.  It has a fan blade hanging from the bottom of it.  Twist the fan blade an if it doesn't spin freely, you need to remove your drain pump and clear the blockage above it.  There is a plastic tab that you can push on and then the entire pump will twist and pull off. 

If the blade does spin freely, there is a "Y-connection" in the back right corner with (3) 1" hoses connected to it.  Disconnect the hoses and check the "Y-connection" for any blockages.  Remove any blockages if necessary.

If both things check good, then you just need to replace the drain pump itself and it costs about $100.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

fan spin freely & checked no blockage. "Y-connection" has no blockage. when checking machine for fault i have seen water coming from pipe at top of drum coming from "Y-connection" how is this possible if pump is not working. I have checked drian pipe has no blockage.With machine off valve in "Y-connection" block's outlet to drum & drain outlet is open

The drain pump can stall in the middle of the cycle especially at the end after it's warmed up. But if you're positive that the diverter valve is not clogged, you'll need to check and make sure the drain pump is running before the error occurs. If it isn't and it's getting 120 volts, then you need to replace the drain pump. If it's running but it's recirculating instead of draining, then your control board isn't switching the diverter valve to drain and the main control board under the control panel on the far right would need to be replaced.