Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

my top load bravo machine has decided it dosent want to drain

Customer Question

my top load bravo machine has decided it dosent want to drain water anymore, when I plug it in and uplug it the machine stays locked or if I press the power on and off enough times it eventually lets the top open, I thought maybe the pump was plugged so I turned the machine over and removed the pump and there was no blockages, so now after reading lots of comments on the internet its either the pump or the lid lock since that seems to have allot to do with this issue
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using this service.

Do you have a volt meter to check for power at the pump?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have one handy id have to buy one tomorrow

If you set the unit to drain/spin...you need to check for 120 volts at the drain pump, between the two wires. That is the one off to the right when you have it tipped up. Make sure the terminals are on the pump and the pump should be running. The lid switch does not go bad that often on that unit and typically the drain pump goes bad very often.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

interesting, I did hear a bit of humming sound when it was plugged in but I noticed the lid red light was on and lots of times when I was trying to figure out the problem I was unplugging and plugging in and the lid wouldn't pop open every time and I thought once it closed and you selected a cycle the lid would click twice

You can test the lid lock and the drain pump via the control panel. Here is the service manual for your unit. Go to 6-4 for testing and you can manual activate each item to see which is bad. All I ask is please rate my assistance. Thanks

CLICK HERE
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that is not the same as mine , I don't have the led display on my version

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

also my lid lock is off to the side not in the center

YOU SHOULD HAVE A HARD COPY IN THE MACHINE.

CLICK HERE