Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Whirlpool Dryer: model LER84648LWO, Ser: MM5133454 Type:

Customer Question

Whirlpool Dryer: model LER84648LWO, Ser: MM5133454 Type: DWSR-ELE-2406028-FM54
Dryer quit working - pushing the start button does not start the dryer. Any suggestions on what is needed for repair? Is it worth the cost to repair or is replacement a better idea?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! There is a thermal fuse in your dryer that may be open and not allowing your dryer to start. This thermal fuse is wired in series with the motor and is designed to prevent the machine from overheating. This fuse is located in the back of your dryer behind the rear panel. Unplug the dryer and remove the rear panel and set it aside. If you look just to the left of the vent tube that the exhaust hose hooks to, you will see a white, rectangular plastic part with two wires going to it, probably blue wires, that is the thermal fuse. It is number 7 in the diagram below. With the dryer unplugged, remove the wires from the thermal fuse and tape them together so they are making full contact with each other. Plug the dryer back in and see if it will then start. The thermal fuse is pictured below. Let me know what happens after this simple test.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's late here so I will not try this tonight. But thanks for the test. I'll get back to you when I see how that pans out.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, keep me posted!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A friend who is a "fix it" type of dude checked out the dryer. It is the part, thermal fuse, that you said. To get the part, is the model number and the part name sufficient for me to buy the part? Or do I need a specific part number?

And thanks for your help, Kelly.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That is great news! The part you need is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN available below.

Thermal Fuse <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge. I appreciate your positive feedback rating!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the source for the part. iwas able to get it at my local TrueValue Hardware store. My friend will put it in this evening - and then we can do laundery without the clothes line!!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That is great, happy drying! :-)