Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

how to replace glass range top?

how to replace glass range top?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Removing the old top should actually be fairly easy. Just pull the oven forward and unplug the entire unit to start. Next, open the oven door and there should be 2 screws coming in from below the cooktop in the front right and left corners. Remove these screws and the top panel will hinge up . Now at this point the back will unhinge if you wiggle it and lift up at the back. Once you pull the glass top forward 6 inches or so, reach behind and disconnect the molex wire harness connection (plastic plug where all the wires from the burners plug into the oven). Now the entire top panel will pull up and off. Flip the top upside down on the carpet or a soft rug and then you can remove the mounting clips holding each burner onto the old top. Move the burners over to the new top and make sure that you mark which number the mounts were clipped into on the bototm of each burner so that you can align the burners properly on the new glass top.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

need to clean between the glass in oven door, does it just unscrew and come apart?

You need to remove the entire door to clean between the glass. Then you can remove the screws along the top and the bottom to split the door open to clean the glass. To start, open the door up all the way. There is a metal flip tab on both hinges that you can flip up to lock the door out. Flip those tabs up and then the door should just pull up, forward, and off at a 45 degree angle or so. Now you can remove the 3 screws at the top as well as the screws going into the bottom drip and the door will split apart so that you can clean the glass.