Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

When I push the start button of our Maytag Legacy MDE508DAYW,

When I push the start button of our Maytag Legacy MDE508DAYW, it starts, but stops when I let go of the start button. How do I fix it?

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

You need to replace the motor. The centrifugal switch no longer working. That part of the motor cannot be ordered seperately, it only comes with the motor. I have linked the motor below for you. That will take care of the problem.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link. Always turn the power off to any appliance before service unless testing for power and instructed how to test.