Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

i have a Miele CVA615 Coffe MAchine Just moved it... and

Customer Question

i have a Miele CVA615 Coffe MAchine Just moved it... and now theres no powerr at all. Door is closed but still nothing lighting up at all. Any idea of what to do? Just in case I ordered a new door switch which should be here in a few days... cus that might be the problem. But Im not sure... it looks semi complicated inside.... ugghh!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using this service.

Sorry for the delay I just got on and saw your question. I have the service manual and wiring diagram for your unit. The power goes right to the door switch first. So if that is bad that could very well be the issue. Secondly there is a 3 amp fuse on the power board that could also be blown. If that is bad it will also not display anything. It likely is one of the two. The door switch is very common to go out on the unit. If you need anything else or the manual let me know.

Also make sure you try a couple of outlets just to be sure you have power to the unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks. I do have power at that outlet. That's a certainty! I tried to jump The door switch to see. ( black to black white to white). That made no difference. So the new door switch I have coming might be redundant but ill keep
It's s a backup. So ... It might be the fuse you mention and I must try to look inside again and locate it!? Where can I order a replacement if thats what I need?

Thanks for your help so far!
Power Electronic Removal (CVA 615)
1. Remove the lid; see Section 5.1.
2. Disconnect the door switch connections.
3. Disconnect all connections from the power electronic.
4. Remove the T10 screws (up to 9) securing the power electronic.
5. Remove the power electronic from the appliance.
5.5 Control Electronic Removal (CVA 615)
1. Remove the lid; see Section 5.1.
2. Disconnect all connections from the control electronic.
3. Remove the two T10 screws securing the electronic at the corners.
4. Remove the control electronic from the appliance

You should be able to see the fuses on the board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I've been tied up with nagging work RELATED stuff.. Ive done all the things you said... got new fuses... new door switch etc put the in im doing the final reassembly tODAY.. S\O I'LL LET YOU KNOW IF THE PLAN HAS WORKED!! ADN WE GET SOME LIFE OUT OF THE electronic BRAIN OF THIS MACHINE AT LEAST! Its wayyyyy too complicated in my opinion for a coffee machine! Who knew there was so much stuff inside!!?

OK sounds great, yes they are very complicated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK..... Things are not going well! 1 I ordered a new switch and replaced the door switch. 2 I also replaced the 3 amp fuses on the power board. 3 I cleaned the entire inside out (it was a little bit dusty)

The result!!!??? Still no Power Nothing at all!

All the internal connections are in place. There is power to the outlet (115V) What now??

It sounds like the power board may be bad. If that fuse was blown there is a good chance the board is bad.