Pitstop Appliance
Pitstop Appliance, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Knowledgeable in all brands and models of appliances with thousands of happy customers.
74052492

I have a whirlpool oven RBD305 built in double. I used the

I have a whirlpool oven RBD305 built in double. I used the self cleaning and the door locked and the power went out. I opened the door with a coat hanger and replaced the thermal fuse. I still have nothing. Help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Pitstop Appliance replied 1 year ago.

Pitstop Appliance :

Pitstop Appliance :

Can you please provide me with the full model # XXXXX the tag on the unit.

Pitstop Appliance :

There are 55 different oven models that start with RBD305

Pitstop Appliance :

And when you mention you replaced the thermal fuse, where was it located and what part # XXXXX you put in.

Customer:

I think it is is RBD305PDB14

Pitstop Appliance :

Ok, one moment please.

Pitstop Appliance :

Can you please verify the part # XXXXX the thermal fuse you replaced?

Customer:

Sorry, just saw you comment. I replaced thermal fuse(NNN) NNN-NNNNwith what I could get. (NNN) NNN-NNNNwas unavailable. The old one had no continuity and the new one stil has.

Pitstop Appliance :

The correct replacement part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNis(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer:

Where can I get it?

Pitstop Appliance :

Just type the # XXXXX google and you will find a bunch of places to purchase it.

Pitstop Appliance :

That does not mean that whatever part you have in now is the problem however.

Pitstop Appliance :

There is a fuse behind each oven. They will both need to be checked for continuity.

Pitstop Appliance :

The other fuse is 4451354

Pitstop Appliance :

They are 2 different fuses.

Customer:

I don't think the thermal is the issue. I used the right part. Where is the other fuse?

Pitstop Appliance :

If both fuses are replaced and the unit is still dead, you will need to check to see if you are getting power to the control board.

Pitstop Appliance :

There is a fuse behind each oven.

Pitstop Appliance :

Just check them both for continuity.

Customer:

OK. I was unaware of that. I will look.

Pitstop Appliance :

Ok. As already mentioned, if both fuses are good, check for voltage at the control board. There should be a wiring diagram behind the control panel to assist you. If you have power at the board and the unit is still dead, replace the board.

Pitstop Appliance :

If you are happy with my guidance, please rate me well. Have a good night. Good luck and thanks.

Customer:

OK. Thanks. Seems to be the board.

Pitstop Appliance :

Be aware that some whirlpool and kitchenaid ovens have an inline fuse on the end of one of the wires on the harness that goes to the control board. I don't see it listed on your parts breakdown, but it is worth looking for.

Pitstop Appliance :

If it is there, it looks like (or similar to) this-

Pitstop Appliance :

Full Size Image

Customer:

That is in this oven. Pin ~24.

Pitstop Appliance :

Then that is more than likely failed before the control board.

Pitstop Appliance :

It is meant as a last resort to protect the board.

Customer:

Can I bypass for testing?

Pitstop Appliance :

Some, as the one I have shown have a plug at each end, some have to be released from the tab and pulled out to replace.

Pitstop Appliance :

Sure, just to test..

Pitstop Appliance :

As always, be careful around electric. :)

Pitstop Appliance :

(disclaimer)

Customer:

Call me sparky!

Pitstop Appliance :

I have an electrician brother in law.. he sparks lots of stuff

Customer:

You rock. Cut the fuse out and all is good. Will replace. Thanks!!

Pitstop Appliance :

If you are happy with my guidance, please rate me well. Thank you.

Experience: Knowledgeable in all brands and models of appliances with thousands of happy customers.