Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Replaced the top oven circular element around fan, no problems

Replaced the top oven circular element around fan, no problems have done it before, easy job. But on power up display is jammed on 11.11 and nothing on the oven works except the light. The display has a buzz sound inside.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This sounds like a clock issue, I am assuming that where it now says 11.11 is normally the time?

Can you tell me the make and model number please?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob,

Make of this wall oven is Chef Condor two oven type model number from stick on badge is 075E4FA21 fan forced oven. Sales Code EW09FC

When ever I power up the oven the display will always be on 11.11 and can not be set or altered. There is a buzz hum coming from the display except when I rotate the set knob around to AUTO. The buzz disappears but still no normal operation from the oven. Just checked again, no change.

Hi
Thanks

This definately sounds like a faulty clock, sorry.
It sounds like the clock is trying to run, hence the humming noie, but its unable to.
This may have been caused by a spike in the power, caused by the element shorting out.

Sorry its not good news

Thanks
Rob