Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Purchased a GE profile smooth top range with convection oven

Purchased a GE profile smooth top range with convection oven capability in 2003. Presently the oven will attain the temperature when set , however it does not hold the temperature during the course of cooking time regardless of cooking mode (convection or standard). Even if cook time is as little as 20 minutes it will lose as much or more than 10 degrees. I have had a few heat sensitive recipes ruined as a result. By the way, the oven door is not opened during cook time. Otherwise the range is working well. What is wrong? What can be done?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good morning, sorry to hear your having issues.the biggest cause of that issue is the temp sensor. Oven Sensor WB23T10015      Main Product Viewalthough ovens can vary in temp up to 25 degrees (high or low) it sounds like your sensor is the issue. the sensor is around $11.00 at the following link. this sticks out of the back wall inside the oven. it plugs in. I would recommend replacing that.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the help...I have ordered the part. Hopefully this will work.

It should. that is what senses the temp . thanks and have a great day , please remember to rate me 3 or above before closing the question. you can come back anytime if you need further assistance. Bryan