Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

freezer is cooling fin but fridge is not cooling at all at

freezer is cooling fin but fridge is not cooling at all at any setting... just stopped cooling

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, can you open the freezer and tell me if the fan is running ? also is there any frost on the back wall inside the freezer behind your food ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

freezer cycles normally and no abnormal ice build up... there is an abnormal sound that emminates from the refrigerator "vent" area

okay, open the refrigerator and look on either the side walls or the ceiling and see if you can find the model number tag ? the one you gave us isn't comming up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay perfect, Its just what I thought it was, you need to replace the damper assembly, thats the strange noise you hear. Damper 67003903 Main Product View you have to replace the damper to fix the issue. Give me a minute and I'll get you a link to order this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good... I am assuming that this unit distributes the cold air as well....thereby the reason the fridge is warm!

Looking forward to the PN to order it.

Your confidence that this is the issue and not the control unit?

yes this opens and closes to send air from the freezer to the refrigerator section. heres the link to the part/. its part number 13 on this diagram,