Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

jenn air dishwasher stopped working.

jenn air dishwasher stopped working.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today,

Good morning,is this completely dead ? no lights or sound ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For a couple of months the unit would only work in Sensor Clean of Quick Wash mode. Now, the sound it makes when closing the door is water entering, and then when that stops, you hear a hum- then it stops, and repeats three times. Hums for 4 seconds, with a 10 second pause, then repeats.
Okay, the reason you hear the hum is because the motor on the pump assembly isn't starting. when that happens the motor tries to start and cant so the thermal protector on the motor kicks out. then when the thermal protector resets that repeats. you may have something like a piece of broken glass down in the impeller assembly. try cleaning the impaler assembly number 6 on this diagram. remove the spray arm assembly and take the sump apart. make sure the impeller moves freely. if it does and this still wont run the motor is bad. you would need to replace it. heres a link to order the motor and sump assembly. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Circulation-Pump/6919963/1469749?modelNumber=JDB2100AWS?RCAID=1000065
the best way to tell if its the motor or control board is to take the front panel off under the door and unplug the motor. take a volt meter and start the machine. when its done filling and ready for the run cycle check for 120 volts to the motor. if you get 120 volts and the motor still isn't running then replace the motor. if you don't get 120 volts the board is bad.Main Control Board 12002710        Main Product Viewheres a link to order that if you need it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/12002710/1173225?modelNumber=JDB2100AWS?RCAID=1000065 thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Glad to see you're back online. Fixed it. Was a piece of debris in the shredder. Now I need to address the control panel issue. Only works in Quick Wash or Sensor Clean mode. Do you think that would be the touchpad, or the controller module?
do the other buttons like normal wash beep when you press them ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing beeps. Never did. When you press the wash selections other than Sensor or Quick Wash, nothing happens- no indicator light. So, at the present time I can only run the machine in those modes. Delay still works. I'm thinking touchpad.
okay this has the keypad along the top of the door, these do go, moisture gets in them and corrodes the keys, Touchpad and Control Panel 6-919766 Main Product Viewthis is not a cheap part however the link I'm giving you has a full money back guaranty even if you install it so you can return it if it doesn't work, heres the link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad-and-Control-Panel/6919766/1469689?modelNumber=JDB2100AWS?RCAID=1000065
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Keypad must have died. Now half of the lights are dim, and the Start button does not work…
yes its looks like it has, the have it at the link I gave you, Thank you and well wishes, Bryan