Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

no water coming out of dispensing

no water coming out of dispensing

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon.Let me make sure I understand.your saying there no water comming out of the dispenser not the ice maker or ice dispenser correct ? the ice maker is making ice and it doesn't also dispense ice through the door right ? just no water through the door.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

correct only water thru the door. ice and crush ice are coming out of the door.

okay great got it. do you have a volt meter ? the best way to tell if it the valve is to first test voltage to it when you press for water. the valve is number 800 on this diagram. its in the back where the line for the house connects.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i'll try to check the valve will need more info probably

sure, thats just the best thing to check first.if the valve gets power and vibrates we know the dispenser assembly is working as far as sending the power. most like you valve is bad though thats the most common failure on these. Water Inlet Valve WR57X10032 Main Product View these fail all the time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

water is coming out from bottom of refrigerator water line, there is two water lines one connects to the wall,that line seems ok. there is a second water line that connects , what is your estimate will be require to fix this.?

okay so theres actually water comming out but not making it to the door. the line thats leaking is probably the main line that runs to the front behind the grill in the bottom front. there is a quick disconnect in the front just before it reaches the door where it goes up through the door hinge.push the white collar piece in towards the connector and pull the line out. feed it back under the refrigerator and remove it from the valve the same way (they are quick connects) you can go to Lowe's and get the line. I believe that one is a 5/16 inch line.