Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi Bryan , I have a question on a Bosch dishwasher if you

Hi Bryan , I have a question on a Bosch dishwasher if you are familiar with Bosch's . It will fill but wont drain. Lines are not clogged. I was wondering if the pump was ok and the bottom pan is dry and the float switch has checked ok would the only thing left that would keep it from draining be the computer board ??

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today..

Good afternoon,can you hear the pump come on ? (drain pump ) these are such a pain to work on. are you able to get the machine out and still leave it connected so you can test power to the pump in drain ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I believe so I can hear something being energized but its only for about 30 seconds.

okay. try taking the right side panel off and test for power to the drain pump. leave your meter on longer than 30 seconds and see if its a power loss to the pump (which would indicate a board issue) or if the power stays at 120 after the pump stops sounding like it energized then the issue would be the pump. you really have to see which is the case and replace the part needed, let me know what you find. thanks, Bryan