Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my ice maker on my maytag # XXXXX has stopped making

my ice maker on my maytag # XXXXX has stopped making ice, water dipenser works fine. I cut the line going to ice maker no water comes out either end of tubing. need help

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, Is the ice maker cycling ? (ejector fingers going around )

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay,theres a few things to check. Do you have a piece of wire you can use to jump start the ice maker ? you need a piece about 4 inches long that you can strip back 1 inch on each end. we are going to trick the ice maker module into a harvest cycle. Control Module(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where is this part located

on the ice maker theres a white cover on the front. you pull that cover off.graphiconce thats off there are holes marked T & H you stick the wire in the holes. (don't touch any bare wire on the wire) once it starts cycling about 5 seconds pull the wire out. it will cycle all the way around and call for water. let me know if it does. graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no nothing happens when i insert wires

okay so if the ice maker isn't starting then its not the valve its the ice maker itself. You will need to order and replace the ice maker. A little known secret is Lowe's carries ice makers fro a lot of models for a fraction of the cost. take your ice maker to Lowe's before ordering one on line, they may have a replacement cheaper. if not heres a link to order it. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks Byran will try this ,have a nice day

you too,thanks and good luck. I hope they have the replacement at Lowe's, if so they sell it for around $50.00 ! A Whirlpool Ice maker will fit this. just compare your to the whirlpool ones they have. thanks, Bryan