Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirlpool Accubake range. Having oven issue. The

I have a Whirlpool Accubake range. Having oven issue. The oven (bottom burner) lights and starts to burn, but goes out after about 3 seconds (like maybe the gas regulator is shuting off). If I leave the oven on, it tries every few minutes to light again. The broiler and all burners work fine. I'm Stumped....

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have the full model number so I can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Looking for model #, it is not obviously posted...

check in these places.graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model #: XFG381LVS 1

Okay I cant seem to pull up the diagrams , can you tell me if this has an oven glow bar or does this click when its lighting ? Like the top burners.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It clicks when it lights (a striker type), like a big spark plug (not a pilot light)

okay , I cant pull up the parts but I do know that these ranges have had a gas valve issue,that issue is exactly the issue your having. the valve is failing and needs to be replaced unfortunately,. This should be done by a gas technician. theres a solenoid in the valve thats weak and cant keep the valve open. I wish there was an easy fix for that. sorry. I hope this info helps though, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was thinking is was a valve, this makes sense. Do you have recommended part supplier. Problem is, I'm stationed in Okinawa Japan with the military, they sell these US products throught the exchange, and when they break, only option is to get a part from the US. Thanks much for your time.

Thats a big issue, It's tough to find suppliers that ship internationally. heres one however. click this link. I would call them and have them look up the part for you. they can ship to you. hope this helps, thank you for your service and God Bless. Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wrong part # it is WFG381LVS 1, (the number was a bit faded and hard to read) Just found parts diagram on If you can point me to the correct part number, I'll can have is sent to my sister in Tennessee and have her forward it. Again, many thanks! :>)

the part number you need is. W10293048 heres the link to order it at the site I gave you. this is the part. Oven Safety Valve W10293048 Main Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That looks like it. So we have to replace the entire assembly. I've always said, you don't pay a mechanic for the labor, your mostly paying for his experience and expertise! I work on bikes, a lot of guys will try a do it your self rather than paying a mech $50 and then they mess up a $300 part... Your awesome and I do appreciate your time and quick reply!

Update - Just placed the on-lin order for the part- they ship USPS right to my APO box!

thats awesome their shipping right to you. thanks and please remember to rate me. have a great day, Bryan