Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

With model 29822800 top loading washer I replaced the timer

With model 29822800 top loading washer I replaced the timer because the cycles are all off. At the start of the cycles it will not fill but goes directly to agitate for example. Some cycles are adding water to the final spin cycle and clothes come out wet. Also a second rinse is added even though the 2nd rinse knob is turned off. There appears to be no electronics with this model as it is the old fashioned mechanical timer. Any help is much appreciated

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning,the issue with these machines is a common one, the pressure switch has failed. Pressure Switch W10292584 Alternate Product View Its the switch you use to set the water level. heres a link where you can order this. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Pressure-Switch/W10292584/1550760?modelNumber=110.29822800?RCAID=1000065 this will fix your issue.thanks and best wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the quick reply

sure no problem, The reason I know this is because I've done a ton of these for the same reason. At any rate the link I gave you has a 100% money back guaranty even if you install it and it didn't fix your issue but I'm sure it will.thanks and talk again soon.Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bryan,

I received the part you reccomended today, W10292584. It is a 2 position switch whereas I have a 3 position switch. Can I use this one or do I have to get the correct part and return this one?

oh wow I wonder how that got mistaken ? you are looking at the one with the rubber hose attached correct? if so can you recheck the model number and see if there numbers missing at the beginning like 110.106.665. or some other combo ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the model number of this washer is 110.29822800.

I just opened the cover and there is no rubber hose connected to my switch. Part no on my switch is: 8578416 (3-POS-SW.)

are you looking at two switches over to the left of the timer number 17 on this diagram ?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, I had to leave for awhile. Don't know how late you work, so we can continue tomorrow afternoon if you like.

The switch I was looking at is the 4th from the timer and is labeled Soil level which I mistook for Water Level. The switch which is the 2nd from the timer physically looks like the W10292584 I received but it has the part number W10177795 stamped on it and it does have a rubber hose attached. It is labeled Fabric Softener on the front panel.

yes thats it. you need to replace that with the one you got. they changed the number when the redesigned them thats all. that should take care of it. let me know .thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wife doing laundry today, looks like we are fixed. Thanks, Bryan

Thats great! thanks and have a wonderful Day

Register Here
. well wishes, Bryan