Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.

i have a blanco bfs95wff which has stopped working, gas top

i have a blanco bfs95wff which has stopped working, gas top works but the clock and all other electronics have ceased operation. i am assuming it is either the selector switch or the clock module can i test either of these? I have checked the power supply and its all good. either part is around $230.00 so i would like to know for sure before ordering.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay in replying, it seems that no one else has picked up this question. I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

If there is no function in the clock area, this will be the problem.

If the selector switch on the appliance were at fault, the clock would still show the time.

Can you just check the model number for me please, and how old this?

Thanks

Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

model # XXXXX XXXXX cod- k9g5540avxn.a240, s/n XXXXXXXXX ro2. Free standing 900mm gas cooktop with electric oven and grill. It is around 7 years old. I have found a digital programmer on internet type 311-150 part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN This is from a bfs95fff which i hope would be the same as my instruction booklet covers that model as well. If you could shed any light on this , it would be very much appreciated as these cost around $238.00

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Paul

Unfortunately I am not able to tell you if these two parts are identical, sorry.

You are correct that the electronic 6 button timer for the BFS95FFF is type 311 150 and part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Unfortunately thre is little information regarding the timer on the model that you have.

It may be worth a call to Blanco to see if they are able to give you the part number for your clock, although this is likely to be a different number as its a different model number. Often they will give a different part number to the same part, if it belongs to a different model. This is so they can keep track of which models/parts are more reliable.

Ultimately I think the only way you are going to know for sure is if you have the two units side by side.
Even Blanco wont know if they are the same as there is no "cross reference" chart.
Im sorry its not what you want to hear, but im just being honest.

If all else fails it may be worth asking the seller of the clock if they will accept it back if its not right.

Sorry its not great news

Rob