Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

I have an Everstar Ice Maker that is functioning in every way

I have an Everstar Ice Maker that is functioning in every way except it doesn't make ice. The water sprays up onto the evaporator surface and that's where it stops. It doesn't form ice during the freeze cycle. There's a clicking sound next to the compressor.

Jon :

have you ohmed out the bin or evaporator thermostats?

Jon :

if the evap thermostat is not accurately gaging the temp of the eval it will not keep it cold enough to make the ice.

Jon :

Please check that and you will know if it is good or not. if it checks good then replace the computer. if it doesnt ohm out correctly and within specs then replace that for that is most likely the problem.

Jon :

please get back to me here if you have more questions or need any further clarification.

Jon :

Thanks