Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

U1 fault on fisher paykel ds603i dish washer. Have replaced

U1 fault on fisher paykel ds603i dish washer. Have replaced filler valve and main pcb assembly and valve still wont open and let water through. Voltage at the valve during diagnostics mode is only 18volts!! Do you think the new (recond) pcb could be faulty.

Jon :

that is certainly a possibility but if you are getting voltage to the valve it should be ok.

Jon :

have you checked the rotor inside the tub?

Jon :

sometimes of the rotor is stuck it will not let the water flow in.And sometimes the pressure switch or flood switch fails and that will prevent any water from coming.

Jon :

have you tried putting the machine into a diagnostic check cycle to see if it fills then? if not, please do that. if you need help getting into the diagnostics please get back to me here and I will tell you how to do it.

Jon :

and finally you may want to check that you have the proper water pressure coming into the water valve. especially if plumbing work has been done lately. If either weak or too much pressure to the water valve the valve will not open and let water in. It almost works as a safety.

Jon :

so if you havent already done so please remove the water supply to the water valve and check the water pressure.

Jon :

please get back to me here when you have a chance to look at all of this and let me know what you find. And if it hasnt helped please get back to me here and I will help you more. Or if you just have more questions please feel free to get back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge. After you positively rate my performance below this chat.

Jon :

Thanks. And I hope to hear back from you soon and look forward to helping you fix this machine in the quickest and cheapest way possible.

Customer: Thanks Jon, have run in diagnostics mode and no water comes through. To me, it seems like the valve just doesnt power up and open due to only getting 18 volts.
Jon :

are you checking ac or dc volts to the water valve? and how are you checking?

Jon :

if the water valve is not getting proper voltage and you may even be unsure you can remove it and apply direct voltage by making a make shift test cord and wire it to the valve and see if it fills then. of course it would have to fill into like a bucket or something.

Jon :

at least this way you will know if the valve is good or not.

Jon :

the water valve is traditional an ac voltage water valve. and usually requires 110v. so if you are not getting that then check the wiring and flood switch. if those are good then yes, the reconditioned board may be the whole problem.

Customer: Ac with a multimetre on the exposed terminals in the plug that plugs into the valve
Jon :

ok. good.

Jon :

and you only get 18 volts?

Customer: Yep,
Jon :

if so, make sure you are checking after the machine tries to go through a breif drain. wait about two miutes or soo and you should be in a fill cycle. and if still only 18 volts then check the wiring for any damage to and from the water valve to the control. and then check the flood switch. if those are good replace the used board.

Jon :

where did you get a used board from? i never trust refurbished parts unless coming directly from manufacturer. you never know what you are going to get and if the part is really good or not.

Customer: No worries mate, i think you are just confirming what i already suspected. New board it is .
Jon :

yup. sometimes you just need to some reassuring thats all. no fault in that. just always do the checking and you will be 100% sure that is the problem.

Jon :

if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat now. and if you have more questions at a later time, please come back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

thanks. have a good night.

Jon :

are you still there? do you have any other questions for me now?

Thank you again Steve.

Please feel free to get back to me here at any time and I will help you more.

Have a good day/ night.