Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Washer drains, but doesnt spin. Sounds like the motor starts,

Washer drains, but doesn't spin. Sounds like the motor starts, but on movement and sound will stop after about 10sec. Red lid light flashes and the sensing light is on. Also I have no digital display for a diagnostic test. took off drain pump and could not find anything in it. thanks.

Hello from JA
I am so happy to help you today.
My name is Woody.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do.
This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.
But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort.
Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley face click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Does the lid lock ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

ok does this light flash so many times then pause flash and pause?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i'am not sure, i did not pay any attention to this

Auh can you check?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'AM NOT AT THERE HOUSE RIGHT NOW

ok the flashing is an error code ,which tells us where to go from here !

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it does flash. but keeps on flashing. I just need somewhere to go and check

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

where did my tech go?

and you can not get the unit to do anything at all ?

Im sorry but you are not my only customer online today !

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I cann't get to the washer right now, can you give my any idea's to check out. I'am sorry. Thank you

I can not assit you if you are not with the unit !
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you for your responce, but a waste of $38

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon.the other tech has opted out, are you saying the digital display is blank at this point ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have no digital display with this model. and I did not have access to the washer right now. The lid lock light just keeps on flashing. I just need some ideas to check out. I heard that it may be a start problem

Okay if the lid lock light is flashing its indicating a lid lock failure. Door Lock W10404050 Main Product Viewyou will need to replace it. heres a link to order the part. theres also a video that shows you how to replace it. click here
this will fix your issue.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

will this cause the washer to stop after to water drains. The motor sounds likes it wants to run, but will stop after about 10 sec. and how do i check a lid switch?

mmm,well it can but you may have deeper issues.I'm pulling up the tech sheets so I can tell you how to put this into diagnostic mode. give me a few minutes, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i will wait for your responce. thank you

can you try this when you get home tonight ?

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off).
2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob.
NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence "a" through "e" must be completed within 6 seconds.
step 1. RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise one or more clicks to clear sequence.
step A. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait ½ second.
step B.. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait ½ second.
step C. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait ½ second.
step D. Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise one click and wait ½ second.
step E. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click.
.
.
Successful activation of Diagnostic Test
Modes will be indicated by all status LEDs (except for Lid Locked) flashing ON and OFF in half-second intervals.
NOTE: LED names may vary between makes and models.
Figure 2 - Status LEDs flashing ON and OFF
 If the status LEDs do not display as described above, the sequence may not have been completed within 6 seconds. Repeat step 2 to ensure this was not the cause. If still unsuccessful, see Unsuccessful Entry,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

when i do this, how do i get or read the codes ?

when you get home come back on and I will help you read the codes, they are determined by the flashing lights.