Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

ra-pjm

Customer Question

I have a u Line Ice Maker CLR60. When I turn it on for Ice nothing happens, when switching to clean I hear the cleaning cyclical. I found the pump was bad, so I replace the
Pump and the control board, ending up with no function at all in the Ice mode; will run in the clean cyclical. Could it be the compressor?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The compressor would not stop the fans from moving or the reservoir from filling up with water. Only 1 thing that would stop the icemaker from running at all if it still runs on clean mode---that's your control board. Now I know you said you replaced both the circulation pump and the control board, but there really isn't anything else that would stop the unit from filling up with water, turning the compressor on, or turning the circulation pump on -- yet still run on the clean cycle. I'd warranty out and replace the control board again if you have no function.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The contral board has been replace twice and ending up with same problem. in Ice mode, no fan, no compressor, and do not hear the

solenoid click to allow the watter in to the reservoir.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
So there is actually one more part that would cause this issue---that's the ice bin thermistor. If the refrigerator thinks that it's full off ice, it won't turn the unit on because it doesn't want to overfill will ice. I'd replace the ice bin thermistor to fix this issue then. The bin thermistor is the little sensor attached to the side wall in the bin where the ice collects with 2 tiny wires going to it.