Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

My washing machine AW 9790 ST in Bangkok is connected and

My washing machine AW 9790 ST in Bangkok is connected and water turned on. When I push 'On', the error code E7-4 shows and then it turns off. What is E7-4 error?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon : Hello
Jon : My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can try to help you today.
Jon : E7-4 is a sensor error. And can usually be fixed quickly by reseting the washer control board.
Jon : Press the WATER FLOW, PRESET and RINSE buttons at the same time and hold for about five seconds. You will either see all lights on the control come on or flash repeatedly. This means that you are in diagnostics.
Jon : Once in diagnostics let to of the buttons and wait about five seconds then hit the cancel button or power off button to reset the control. After the machine is off flip off the circuit to the machine or unplug it for ten minutes. Then plug it back in and get the washer out.
Jon : If the washer works fine you are good to go and just needed to reset the board. But if it does t work then you need a new main board.
Jon : Please try that and get back to me here if you need any other help or have any other questions. Please also remember to rate my performance positively below this chat with ok service or better rating so that I can get credit for helping you from the website.
Jon : If you have more questions even after rating me positively please feel free to get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.
Jon : Thanks.
Jon : Hello there. Just saw you logged into the chat. I'll give you a minute to read my responses. I'll be here.
Jon : If this machine is under a year old it is still under original warranty. And in that case if the washer still doesn't work after reseting it the. Call them and they will come to you for free and replace the machine or fix it for free
Jon : if the Washer is over a year old then Unfortunately if the washer still doesn't work you will have to replace the main control and possibly the sensor.
Jon : Are you still with me? Do you have any questions for me? Or do you understand what you need to do?
Customer:

There is no 'Water Flow' button on my machine - O tried

Jon : Water are the buttons on your control?
Customer:

There is no Water Flow Button on my machine - I tried water level, preset, and rinse but that is probably not right - do you mean 'ON' button instead of Water Flow or 'START (Hold)'?

Customer:

On the top and front of the machine

Customer:

Buttons, from left to right are 'Water Level, Wash Rinse, Spin, START(HOLD) , Course, Super Spin Dry, Preset, TubDry with an OFF and ONN

Customer:

OFF and ON Buttons on right side above the Tub Dry Button

Customer:

After 30 minutes of trying first Water Level and, after 15 minutes of unplugged and replugged but no change, then Wash button as Water Flow button you specified, Still no change in operation (i/e/, 5 seconds on with lights flashing and then entirely off.)

Customer:

Well, thanks for trying, I am saying 'OK service' so you get credit but, to be honest, it is $30 down the drain.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Hey Joe,

Sorry. The water flow is the water level button on your machine.

You have the Haier version of the washer. Control buttons are a little different. That's all.

If you tried those buttons and nothing worked for you then you have a bad main board. Because the unit is not resetting. Which is common on this machine. Replace the main board and that will fix your problem.

Again, if this machine is under a year old call the manufacturer and they will fix or replace it for free.

Please also before replacing or calling anyone first make sure the water supply is turned on fully and is properly connected to the water valve. Sometimes the pressure can build up and cause this error if the hose is not connected properly. So maybe you should disconnect the water fill hose the. Reconnect it and select cold water and try it again. If it still doesn't work then definitely replace the main board.

Please remember to rate my performance positively below. And if you have more questions or concerns at a later time please come back here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks.
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Joe,I guess you hadn't seen my last couple of responses to you. If the contr board wouldn't reset even with hitting the different button options we discussed above then you need to replace the main board. It is a common repair on this machine. If the washer is under a year call manufacturers and they will come out to you for free and fix it for free. If the washer is over a year the cost of repair is left up to you. If you need any other help please feel free to get back to me here and I will help you more. And if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat with ok service or better rating. And also note that the money you paid already was just a deposit and has not come out of your account yet. Nor has it come to me. You will have to rate my performance with a positive rating for me to get credit for helping. And if you need more help or have more questions even after rating me positively please come back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge. Thanks.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Joe,
The last post by me was supposed to come through as an answer to your question and not an info request.

Again, the answer to your question is that if the control can not be reset then It needs to be replaced.

Please see the above posts for explanation and get back to me here if you need more help.

Thanks again.