Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

I HAVE AN OLD OKEEFE AND MERRITT STOVE, I NEED AN OVEN THERMOSTAT

Customer Question

I HAVE AN OLD OKEEFE AND MERRITT STOVE, I NEED AN OVEN THERMOSTAT VALVE. GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS WHERE TO LOOK?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon :

Hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can try to help you today.

Jon :

Have you already tried your luck on sites like ebay and amazon?

Jon :

if yes, then the last resort would be www.superiorapplianceparts.com

Jon :

They specialize in discontinued and NLA parts. I will say they are usually very very expensive. But if they are the last resort they can pretty much charge whatever they want. especially for older machine like the one you have.

Jon :

What is the full model number found on the sticker or number plate of the machine? with the model number I can look up the exact parts you need and their availability.

Jon :

Otherwise, if you dont have a model number, please visit www.superiorapplianceparts.com to get the part number you need.

Customer:

the only other number on the tag is 062455

Jon :

How old is this machine?

Jon :

If it is a regular range that is not in the wall, the full model number will belisted on the frame of the unit just behind the bottom drawer door.

Jon :

if it is a wall wall oven the model number will be listed on or near the door frame.

Jon :

ok. no worries.

Customer:

im not really sure. the only identifying characteristics are the chrome and black handles, instead of the white porcelain styles of the fifties. im going to check for more numbers now.

Jon :

you can find parts for this unit at either www.marcone.com or www.repairclinic.com

Jon :

ok. thank you. but unfortunately with out the correct model number I will not be able to research the parts for you to get the exact part number for the thermostat.

Jon :

the best that I can say is to either go to the websites or call them directly to check their availability.

Customer:

the only tag i can find is the one under the burners. i gave you all the numbers on that tag. it is a free standing oven/range.

Jon :

ok thank you.

Jon :

here is a link to a website that will show you where on okeef and merritt stoves the model numbers are usually located.

Jon :

just click on the image above to open and view.

Jon :

and if the numbers you have given me are from under the top of the unit and are located on the machine then you may have written some of the numbers down incorrectly because the number you list doesnt come up.

Jon :

and it may just be due to the age of the machine. which always makes it harder to find if the machine is older then 15 years. and if this one is then your best bet is to find the parts at www.superiorapplianceparts.com.

Jon :

they specialize in discontinued and no longer available appliance parts. just go to their websiet and get the phone number and call them. they will look up to see if they can get you the part.

Jon :

and if they cant help you the last resort is www.antiquegasstoves.com

Jon :

here s their link

Customer:

i know its older than 15, ive had it longer than that, and it was old when i got it. i think okeefe and merritt went out of business in hte late 60s or early 70s

Jon :

if that link doesnt work here is there actual link. just copy and paste it to your browser to open.

Jon :

http://www.antiquegasstoves.com/pages/parts/partso'keefe.html

Jon :

if they cant help you then it will be very very hard to find what you need.

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Jay,

Thank you again for the positive rating. Sorry I couldn't help you more but for what you are looking for and asking for will be very hard to find. Given the age of the machine.

Just check the websites I list above and if they dont have any info for you please get back to me here and I will try to help you more.

Thanks again.