Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

I have an E 6 malfunctioning code on my kd14SS

When selecting a program water pumps into the machine, but with no drain i ended up with too much water and error code E6 will show up.

Trace the fault to a broken wire between the electronic module in the door and the pump. The point at which the door opens and closes on the cables should see a frayed a insulation and broken through one of the wires. As this was the live feed to the pump and a potential short from 240VAC to the chassis which is highly dangerous. I would flip the power to the machine asap.

I would call a qualified technician to resolve this issue.
I hope this helps you.
Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.
Please remember you must rate your experience with me for me to receive compensation for my time and expertise. I will work for your highest rating, please let me know how I may earn it!