MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a frigidaire gallery fridge that the door ajar light

I have a frigidaire gallery fridge that the door ajar light won't go off and the doors are all securely closed and the interior fridge light won't come on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Get the light to come back on. Open one door and press the light switch with your hand. Then close that door. Open the other door then press the light switch with your hand. These are the fresh food doors.

When you do that is there one or the other the light stays on and does not go off when you press the switch?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Barry,

Where is the light switch?

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry Kelly let me look again I may have made a mistake. I was looking to see if it was a french door and not looking for the switches.

Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thats okay it is a french door and I cant find any switches?

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have LED lighting inside or standard bulbs?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

according to the manual they are LED

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
If you look at the area in the center where the doors meet is there one door thats lower than the other?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Barry

oops just went to double check the bulbs and they appear to be standard bulbs they are blue but they have a little filiment that I can see

I will go and check on the doors

I double checked the doors and they are level to each other

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Try and look all around the door frame with the doors closed, can you see an area of one door thats not nice and straight? Not the bottom but along the top is where you will see it. Looking from one side down the gasket.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Gasket is evenly compressed and sealed to the fridge

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Is your display showing an error other than the light? If yes just let me know the error. If not try unscrewing all the bulbs and see if it then stops and the light on the display goes out. Take your time I will be here for several hours.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The error that is displayed is Door Ajar

The lights in the fridge work because I have unplugged the fridge and plugged it back in and the interior light are working. They only go out after it has been plugged in for a bit and the fridge alarms Door Ajar, but the fridge is very clearly closed properly

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
I don't believe I have the information to help guide you to a successful repair. I will relist your question for all techs Kelly, I only have a wiring diagram and thats just not enough. As soon as someone can help they will post. Everyone can immediately see your question is open.

Thanks,
Barry
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.

One last question, you did press the mute key to reset the alarm? Or the alarm reset key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have press the button to reset the alarm but does not reset, alarm light stays on, sound goes away and the interior lights still dont come on

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX relisted for you.

Take care,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

does the next person have access to this conversation?

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

I am a Frigidaire tech. There is no visible light switch here as the switch is incorporated into the display board. A magnet buried inside the edge of the right side door actuates the switch, so the magnet is out of place OR the switch has failed on the board because the unit senses that the switch is not opening when the door is closed. Those are the only 2 issues that may exist here-nothing else.

Take a small metal tool and see if you can get it to be held in place in the area opposite the display board as that will tell you if the magnet is good or not. If the magnet does not hold a tool then you need a whole new door unless you can rig up a magnet that is strong enough to replicate its function and allow the doors to still close.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Found the magnet adjusted the doors and the light goes out!

Pure Genius! Thank You!

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
A positive feedback is appreciated as that is what releases your payment to me. thanks
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS